Totara Hospice South Auckland (THSA) is a supportive and caring organisation, providing palliative care services to patients and their families/whanau living in the South and South East Auckland area. This is an exciting opportunity to join the THSA team and make a difference in people’s lives by supporting them through what can be a challenging time.
We need your help!
What skills and attributes do we hope you can share with us?
- We need people who have a positive attitude and friendly manner.
- A flexible attitude
- A genuine willingness to be part of a team and be able to take direction. Whilst also being able to take initiative and work independently.
- Sensitivity, understanding and respect for our diverse community.
- Reliability to your volunteer commitment.
- You will need a reliable, clean, warranted and registered vehicle, and a full clean drivers licence
What will you be doing?
- Drivers are required on a casual basis to transport patients from their homes to clinical appointments at Auckland Hospital, Middlemore and the Superclinic
- Drivers are also needed to transport patients to and from Day Hospice at Totara Hospice located at The Gardens, South Auckland. Day Hospice runs on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
What support will we give you?
- Volunteer induction and ongoing training opportunities
- Ongoing support from our Volunteer services team.
What benefits do you get?
- This volunteer role offers the opportunity to work within a supportive multi-disciplinary team who provide a professional service to our community.
- The opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of patients and their families by supporting them with transport at a time when they are at their most vulnerable
- A chance to work in a friendly team, and an opportunity to make new friends and meet a group of diverse people.
- Valuable experience and skills that you can add to your CV.
- Most importantly the satisfaction to Make Hospice Happen and supporting the belief of the Totara Hospice team that even though dying is inevitable, dying unsupported is unacceptable.
Please call for a chat and more information about this opportunity to really help and make a difference in your community