A role you’ll love
The main purpose of a board member for The Red Bow is to help grow the organization.
What you’ll bring
We are looking for someone highly motivated, with excellent communication skills, and who is ready to find value in the work they do!
Please only apply if you have solid experience in one of the following sectors:
- Marketing and Sponsorship
- Fundraising, including grant applications
- 5+ years of experience in one of the sectors indicated above.
- Experience in the Non-for-profit sector is highly preferred.
- Previous experience as a Board Member is not required, but it would be highly valuable.
- Google Workspace experience, Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, etc
- Slack experience or willingness to learn.
Our expectations are that you will:
- Understand and commit to the Board vision and purpose.
- Be able to commit a minimum of 6 hours a month to the performance of the role, including attending Board General meetings when required.
- Attend General Meetings
- Review agenda and supporting materials prior to General board meetings.
- Maintain confidentiality of all items discussed in board meetings and follow any confidentiality policies.
- Help raise funds.
- Support The Red Bow’s aims and objectives.
- Promote The Red Bow within your network and communities.
- Not commit to another charity organization long term while you are part of The Red Bow. This is to avoid any potential conflict of interest.
We are looking for someone with the following competencies:
- Strong initiative
- With a network of contacts
- Being accountable for the tasks assigned to you
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent relationship and rapport building skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- An organised and efficient working style
What you will be signing up for
When you join us at The Red Bow you will get support to be the best version of yourself working for a charity that wants to make a difference in young people’s lives. We have working from home flexibility (where practical), and regular check in support, so you know we are here to care for you and your needs.
While this role would require occasional work outside of usual office hours due to board meetings, the successful candidate would have the opportunity to take control of their schedule.
When do GM take place?/Availability
We meet once every 2 months. Our meetings take place on Wednesdays evenings from 7:00-9:00 pm. We might meet in person in a location in Auckland, but we also allow members to join online via ZOOM/Google Meets as not everyone can always commute or live in Auckland. Please, only apply if your availability matches with ours as you will need to attend GMs.
Ready to join us?
We've done great things already, join us and help us do even more!
Check out our website before applying to see what The Red Bow is all about.
If after that you are keen, email [email protected] with a copy of your CV and/or Linkedin profile, indicating why you are interested in this opportunity.
We would love to hear from you. Thank you so much for your time.
The Red Bow team.
"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them"