We want more amazing Volunteers to come and do great things with us. Join our passionate and supportive team in a well-established, long-standing organisation with growth potential.
As a volunteer you will:
- Have a passion to inspire girls and young women to reach their full potential and learn new skills
- Be encouraging, assertive and patient
- Be a hands-on leader and learner
- Meet new people and become part of a worldwide network
During the school term our GGNZ leaders:
- Attend a weekly session (in person) for up to a maximum of 1.5 hours
- Help plan the term's activities and deliver them to the girls
- Complete occasional evening / weekend training as required
- Attend occasional leader / planning meetings, and trips or camps
We are welcoming leaders to our Halswell Unit as follows:
1st Halswell Pippins - 5-7 years - meet Tuesday 4 - 5pm 1st Halswell Guides - 9 - 12.5yrs - meet Tuesday 6.30 - 8.30pm
There is no experience needed, but we need reliable volunteers and previous experience working with youth is an advantage.
Girlguiding New Zealand 's health and safety policy also has requirements around adult to child ratios, so this opportunity is best suited to someone older than 18. We would love to talk with you about these roles so please contact us now!