The role of a Volunteer Educator is to deliver educational programmes developed by the Holocaust Centre of New Zealand. School groups typically range from Yrs 7-13. HCNZ also hosts adult groups and tertiary students.
Volunteer Educator Requirements
- Complete Volunteer Presenter Training course.
- Communicate with Bookings Coordinator, Lead Educator, and Education Director prior to visits to establish the programme being delivered.
- Prepare for each presentation to school or adult groups.
- Present to school or adult groups. No Volunteer Educator will do presentations alone, they will always present as a team.
- Provide feedback to the Education Director concerning questions or suggestions to promote programme improvement.
- Act always as a trusted representative of the Holocaust Centre of New Zealand. Volunteer Educators will be provided with training in the programmes that are offered and with resources to successfully present to groups. All Volunteer Educators must observe the presentation of a programme twice before they can take a school or adult group.