About this opportunity
Vinnies Book (& Fabric) Fairs are held twice a year to raise funds for the welfare services provided to the community by St Vincent de Paul Society. These include a food bank, full-time social worker, pregnancy assistance, employment for people with intellectual disabilities, a sustainable sewing studio, meaningful activities for isolated and vulnerable people, as well as providing work experience opportunities for the community.
As a member of the Set-up Crew, you will support the event by:
- Setting-up the tables and fair signage.
- Delivering book boxes to correct areas.
- Sorting books so they are displayed
- Setting up Re Sew room – fabrics
2 hours min between 11am - 5pmGood for
- Group volunteering (10+)
- Skilled volunteering
- Travelling/short term volunteers
- Volunteers with limited English
- Youth/school volunteers (age 14-18)
- Art, Craft & Photography
- Companionship & Social Support
- Fundraising & Events
- Library Services