About this opportunity
The purpose of this position is:
• To provide multi-faceted support to Breast Cancer Foundation NZ’s Pink Ribbon Street Appeal manager in the build-up to and during the Pink Ribbon Street Appeal on October 11th and 12th.
• To actively assist the Pink Ribbon Street Appeal in achieving the best Street Appeal fundraising effort yet.
• You will promote the mission of The Foundation: pushing for new frontiers in early detection, treatment and support. Our work encompasses education, awareness, research, medical support and development, community outreach and advocacy.
This position will have relationships with:
• Pink Ribbon Street Appeal Manager (reporting to)
• Marketing Manager
• Fundraising Manager
• Health Education Writer
The Pink Ribbon Street Appeal is a nationwide annual event held, this year, on October 11th and 12th. This is Breast Cancer Foundation NZ’s biggest fundraiser. It encompasses 1000 collection sites, over 300 Area Coordinators and more than 9000 volunteers. This role will cover the development and implementation of all aspects of the Pink Ribbon Street Appeal. It will be busy, often fast paced, but very rewarding.
Key Task #1 – Pink Ribbon Street Appeal Business Development
• Working alongside the Pink Ribbon Street Appeal manager to retain corporate and service group support from 2018 and develop new contacts for managing sites across NZ during the Appeal.
• Supporting the Pink Ribbon Street Appeal Manager to find Area Coordinators where necessary and collate/ distribute information required for their sites.
• Updating the BCFNZ website and social media platforms with up to date and relevant information regarding the Street Appeal including targeted and sponsored posts and volunteer recruitment through social media.
• Researching new online and offline ways to promote the event and encourage more volunteers to take part.
Key Task #2 – Pink Ribbon Street Appeal Logistics and Support
• Working alongside the Manager to develop stock lists/ pack stock and respond to/action enquiries for donation boxes.
• Working alongside the Manager to answer enquiries from Area Coordinators and volunteers
• Supporting the Communications Manager with media releases and enquiries
• Implementing a Banking Bag process for the tracking of all banking
• Handling volunteers’ calls
• Implement an ordering/distribution process for t-shirts ordered by volunteers
• Social media knowledge/ fluency
• Customer service experience preferred
• Ability to work well in a team environment and under pressure
• Knowledge of New Zealand geography would be advantageous
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Can-do, willing and flexible attitude
• Self-motivated and able to work under pressure
• Some level of Microsoft Office skills – Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Making good use of your initiative and common sense
• Strong, clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
• Friendly and confident manner
Please note this is a full time (Monday-Friday) internship that does involve working one Saturday.
Please note this is a full time position however if you feel you have the right skills and are looking for a part time internship please apply and explain your situation and you will be considered.
If you’re interested in this role please email Erika Rozecka-Lewis with a copy of your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full time between 5th August - 15th October and part time before or after.Good for
- Skilled volunteering
- Work Experience
- Fundraising & Events
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Drivers licence (Full)
- Drivers licence (Restricted)
ideally applicants will already have training in event management or marketingReimbursement
This is a voluntary role. A small allowance to cover travel/lunch costs.