About this opportunity
Our Volunteer Area Coordinator role offers varied opportunities for you to utilise your administration, organisation and coordination skills, while supporting preparations for our February 2019 Big Heart Appeal street collection. Register your interest today and find out more about true opportunities to gain valuable experience in the not-for-profit sector, while making a real difference to the 186,000 New Zealanders currently living with heart disease. Heart disease is New Zealand’s single biggest killer and claims the life of one person every 90 minutes. Many of these deaths are premature and preventable.
Your skills and attributes:
• Passionate and aligned with the Heart Foundation’s mission and the heart health cause
• Sound experience in administration and coordination
• Intermediate Microsoft office suite skills (Word, Outlook and Excel)
• Proven ability to work within set timeframes and deliver on agreed outcomes
• An organised self-starter
• Excellent communication skills
• Well-spoken and confident to engage with diverse groups (in person and over the phone)
• Confident when providing guidance and coordinating a small team of volunteers
The Heart Foundation national office in Ellerslie, Auckland.
One to two days per week (week days only) in January, February and March, and one day of the Big Heart Appeal street collection (either Friday 22 or Saturday 23 February).
Confirmation of Volunteer role:
• We will happily provide references on the completion of the Heart Foundation Big Heart Appeal.
We would love to hear from you via email, text or phone.
• Please click the “Apply” button below, so attach your CV
• Contact Tamara Cummins
o 027 216 2309 for a discussion.
Week daysGood for
- Work Experience
- Administration & Office Management
- Fundraising & Events