About this opportunity
Big Brothers Big Sisters Wellington is an exciting new charity recently set up to support at-risk Wellington kids by matching them with caring, reliable adult volunteer mentors who meet with them on a weekly basis.
We are looking for a dynamic, goal-driven and community-minded Graphic Designer to volunteer on our team. By volunteering your time and talent, you can make a real impact on at-risk youth in our community. You will be working closely with the Big Brothers Big Sisters Wellington team in a non-profit dedicated to providing youth in Wellington with positive, adult role models who will offer them new opportunities, expand their worlds, and support them long-term.
As a newly launched initiative, Big Brothers Big Sisters Wellington is keen to raise awareness of our life-changing programme in the Wellington region. We’re looking for an energetic and motivated Graphic Designer to put their design stamp on our marketing collateral as a career developing opportunity.
Initial projects include:
• Campaign-specific marketing material
• Creating advertisements and quote cards for our Facebook page
• Creating adverts for publication in print media
• Event invitations
This is an ideal opportunity for a student with an impeccable sense of design who is motivated to contribute their time to make a difference to the lives of our youth and at the same time build their portfolio.
You must have your own computer with Adobe Creative Cloud or Adobe CS 6. The role will be on a part time volunteer basis.
We offer the successful applicant:
• The opportunity to grow with a new organization that strives to create a better future for Wellington youth
• Autonomy to shape this component of the organisation
• Flexible work hours
• The opportunity to grow your design portfolio and build your career – and help deserving Wellington kids in the process!
Please send all enquiries to: email@example.com or call 022 542 8174
Key skills Required:
- Graphic Design skills
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud or Adobe Suite CS 6
- Some prior experience developing a marketing campaign would be preferred
- Any experience developing/designing material for fundraising campaigns would -
be a huge bonus!
- Enthusiastic about helping youth and getting involved with a charity organization
5 hrs per weekGood for
- Skilled volunteering
- Fundraising & Events
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Writing & Editing
- NZ Police Vetting