About this opportunity
Looking to add some new skills to the CV? Looking to improve your communication skills? Come and hang out with us!
We are looking for Imagination Station Play Assistants to help at our Space at the new Tūranga Library, for any weekdays evening shifts between 4.30pm to 8.00pm.
It is a long term position and we need you to be able to commit to a minimum of 2 hours per week minimum, which can be done at a range of times. We can be flexible to work with your schedule!
- You will be part of a team welcoming customers, making sure that everyone feels welcomed and informed. This will give you many opportunities to practice and enhance your communication skills - which most employers seek in their candidates.
- You will also help with promoting our classes and birthday parties.
- Providing friendly, efficient customer service in a range of ways.
- Assisting the facilitators with tidying and organising tasks around the space
- Assisting facilitators with classes (EV3 Mindstorms Robotics, Stop Motion Animation, Technic, etc.)
- Working as a team with the library staff
- Ensuring the facility is kept tidy and well maintained
- Encouraging and assisting visitors with questions and queries about their visit
- Building awesome things with LEGO bricks!
If this sounds like you, apply now!
If you don't hear from us within a few days, please check your spam mailbox in case our emails were wrongly directed there!
Minimum of 2 hours per week between 4.30pm - 8.00pm.Good for
- Volunteers with a disability
- Volunteers with limited English
- Work Experience
- Youth/school volunteers (age 14-18)
- Education & Training
- Retail & Sales
- NZ Police Vetting
Volunteers will go through a volunteering program, after which they will be recognised with an Imagination Station Volunteer t-shirt and a personalised LEGO brick badge. The first training module typically takes 4 weeks.