About this opportunity
Have fun, help others, and be part of a great cause - volunteer with Sport Wellington for the Brendan Foot Supersite Round the Bays on 17 February 2019!
Round the Bays is one of New Zealand’s largest sporting events and it’s a fun way to support charities such as Kaibosh Food Rescue. Volunteering allows you to gain valuable work experience and to build your resume. This is a great opportunity to work in a team, meet new people, and create networks in the sporting industry.
Volunteers are at the heart of every successful event. Round the Bays relies on over 350 volunteers to perform valuable jobs like marshalling, registrations, and general event set up. We are looking for enthusiastic people who are prepared to work hard and go the extra mile to make the event a success. If you have specific skills or experience, such as first aid training, definitely let us know, but we have a range of opportunities for everyone. Whatever your background, we want to hear from you!
WHAT DO YOU GET FROM VOLUNTEERING AT ROUND THE BAYS 2019?
- Recognition of your role in an award-winning, exciting, and vibrant event.
- The same special promotions, discounts, and offers that participants receive.
- A volunteer pack including event staff t-shirt.
- Food and water during the day.
- An unforgettable and rewarding experience.
YOU ALSO GET A CHANCE TO:
- Meet new and exciting people.
- Gain valuable work experience.
- Gain exposure to a different work environment that will provide new challenges.
- Give back to your community.
If you are interested in volunteering at this event, we would love to hear from you and have your support!
8 hoursGood for
- Group volunteering (10+)
- Travelling/short term volunteers
- Volunteers with a disability
- Volunteers with limited English
- Work Experience
- Companionship & Social Support
- Fundraising & Events
- Sport & Physical Activities
You will be invited to a volunteer briefing and BBQ lunch to help you prepare for the event.