About this opportunity
We are the ones who respond, when you call 111. Wellington Free Ambulance supports the people of Greater Wellington and Wairarapa with free emergency services. We are looking for Volunteer Event Medics to join our Events team.
By joining Wellington Free Ambulance, you are helping to deliver world class health care to your community and its people. We offer a culturally diverse and inclusive workplace where your values and strengths with people will be supported.
Become an Event Medic
Our Event Medics are at the heart of our community work. They cover a variety of sporting events, community fairs, live concerts and more every single week.
They train community groups in CPR, and also back our front line crews in emergencies
To be consider for this role you must have a:
• Minimum of a Comprehensive First Aid Certificate (Unit Standards 6400, 6401 and 6402) or equivalent
• Full driver’s License for minimum of 3 years
• Defensive Driving Certificate received within the last 3 years
• No criminal convictions, previous or pending
• Be physically fit for lifting and capable of meeting the demands of the role
• Have excellent communications skills and be able to relate to people of all ages and backgrounds
• Be available for training (including evenings and weekends)
• It’s a lot to ask, but caring for our community is an important job
• If you meet the criteria, and want to become anVolunteer Event Medic, email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
• A completed application form available on our website: wfa.org.nz
• Cover Letter
• Copy of NZ Driver’s License
Make ensure you send everything or else or we will be unable to complete your application
We have an extended training process; it may be 12 weeks from the application closing date before you do your first shift. But we will talk you through the whole process after the closing date. The training involved in becoming an Event Medic for Wellington Free Ambulance will involve one full weekend per month for five months. The group interview will be on the 19th of March.
If you want to make a difference in your community, we’d love to have you on the team.
Applications close 12 March 2019.
Give as little or as much as you canGood for
- Group volunteering (10+)
- Fundraising & Events
Be prepared for 4 x Saturday training sessionsReimbursement
$15 towards expenses