The Therapy Box is a charity that supports Diversional Therapists and people residing in adult care facilities in New Zealand. We are all about bringing fun and excitement to adult care facilities in New Zealand via the use of activities which we lend out via our activity library. A Diversional Therapist is a person who runs activities for people living in care.
The vision of The Therapy Box is ‘Adults receiving care are having fun and engaging with their community’. This is achieved by following our mission, in that ‘We provide fun, engaging and purposeful activities to enhance wellbeing’. Whilst embodying our values; Inclusive, Person Centred, Fun, Innovative, Safe/Fit for purpose, Accessible (and affordable), and Sustainable.
Board Member Role & Expectations:
(The Board as a Whole)
- Determining the mission and purposes of The Therapy Box
- Selecting and evaluating the performance of the Operations Manager
- Strategic and organizational planning
- Ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
- Fundraising and resource development
- Approving and monitoring The Therapy Box’s programs and services
- Enhancing The Therapy Box’s public image
- Assessing its own performance as the governing body of The Therapy Box
(Each Board Member)
- Know The Therapy Box’s mission, policies, programs, and needs
- Strictly adhere to the Boards Code of Conduct and policies
- Faithfully read and understand all reports and financial statements
- Serve as active advocates and ambassadors for The Therapy Box. Fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary to advance our mission
- Prepare for, attend, and conscientiously participate in board meetings and on committees as required
We value diversity and welcome applications from applicants from all backgrounds. We strongly encourage people with disabilities to apply.
We require a wonderful person with the following attributes to join our board:
- Able to commit to a minimum of a 1 year term on our board
- Previous experience in Governance (we would prefer this, but can provide training)
- Familiar with Aged Care or experience as a Diversional Therapist
- A desire to help others and have fun doing it!
- Able to commit to attending board meetings every second month and possible committee meetings every other month. These are usually held on Tuesday evenings at Sylvia Park (or another location central to all board members) depending on other board members commitments and last between 1-2 hours.
Thank you for taking the time to read our advertisement. We look forward to your application. If you have any questions, please contact us.