Volunteer Educator Requirements
- Complete the Volunteer Presenter Training course.
- Communicate with Bookings Coordinator, and Education Director prior to visits to establish the programme being delivered.
- Prepare for each presentation to school or adult groups.
- Present to school or adult groups. No Volunteer Educator will do presentations alone, they will always present in pairs.
- Provide feedback to the Education Director concerning questions or suggestions to promote programme improvement.
- Always act as a trusted representative of the Holocaust Centre of New Zealand
Required Skills To fulfil the expectations of the role, prospective Volunteer Educators are required to have the following:
- Teaching experience.
- Effective presentation skills and a strong knowledge of the subject to be taught. a. While a basic understanding of the Holocaust is a bonus, Volunteer Educators are required to increase their knowledge to effectively deliver our programmes.
- Ability to present curriculum developed by the Holocaust Centre of New Zealand.
- Ability to co-present and work as part of a team.
- Ability to interact with the visiting group and be sensitive to their needs