A role you’ll love
We are looking for Grant Writers to join The Red Bow family and lead our efforts in securing funding to help our organisation operate throughout the year.
A Grant Writer’s responsibilities include researching grant opportunities, writing compelling grant proposals to acquire funding, and working with our leadership team to ensure we have enough capital each year.
What you’ll bring
We are looking for someone highly motivated, with excellent communication and writing skills, and who is ready to find value in the work they do!
We are looking for someone with the following experience:
- Excellent organizational and writing skills.
- Great organizational skills to track opportunities that arise throughout the year.
- Previous experience as a grant writer or similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree in creative writing or related field.
- A background in marketing would be beneficial, but it is not required.
- Google Workspace experience, Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, etc
- Slack experience or willingness to learn.
Our expectations are that you will:
- Understand and commit to The Red Bow vision and purpose.
- Take the time to understand the financial needs of the organization.
- Be able to commit at least 6-8 hours a month to the performance of the role.
- Research and identify funding opportunities.
- Draft funding applications.
- Work with our leadership team to understand our financial needs and ensure we attain funding.
- Maintain confidentiality of all items discussed in the board meeting.
We are looking for someone with the following competencies:
- Strong initiative and excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- An organised, efficient working style with high attention to detail
- Google Workspace experience, Gmail, Google Calendar, Google docs, Google sheets, etc
What you will be signing up for
When you join us at The Red Bow you will get support to be the best version of yourself working for a charity that wants to make a difference in young people’s lives. We have working from home flexibility (where practical), and regular check in support, so you know we are here to care for you and your needs.
While this role might require occasional work outside of usual office hours due to some meetings, the successful candidate would have the opportunity to take control of their schedule and ensure they are only working the expected hours per month.
Ready to join us?
We've done great things already, join us and help us do even more!
Check out our website before applying to see what The Red Bow is all about.
If after that you are keen, submit your application with a link to your Seek or LinkedIn profile. Only applications where this information has been provided will be considered.
We would love to hear from you. Thank you so much for your time.
The Red Bow team.
"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them"