EcoFest is a month-long celebration of sustainability and caring for our unique environment across Tāmaki Makaurau, Auckland.
The annual festival, running 15 March - 14 April 2024, will feature a packed programme of events, activities, installations, and workshops for people of all ages and stages of their sustainability journey. Our aim is for participants to learn new skills, make new connections, and join a growing community of people who are committed to building a more sustainable future.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This opportunity is split into two parts — the administration support that is able to be accomplished remotely, and the onsite festival assistance that can only be done on-location. If interested, you are able to combine these duties in your role.
Location: Waiheke Island with Waiheke Resources Trust, Manurewa with Beautification Trust, New Lynn with EcoMatters or Birkdale with Kaipātiki Project
Role type: Voluntary, unpaid internship — full time or part-time offered
Time commitment: start of February until end of April 2023. Feb - March or March - April also possible.
Responsible to: EcoFest Lead, Internships Coordinator
- Be passionate about the environment
- Fit our culture of an open, flexible workspace, where good humour and mutual respect is key
- Adopt hubs cultural statements, code of conduct, and policies
- Use initiative and be able to work independently and as part of a wider team
- Have excellent communication and time management skills
- Be confident approaching people
- Process event registrations; check through them and enter data to help promote EcoFest events on different platforms
- Get in touch with event organisers to clarify any issues with an event
- Answer public and event host queries by assisting in monitoring emails and social media platforms
- Assist in producing compelling content and support the development of various communication campaigns such as newsletters and social media posts
- Be on the ground at EcoFest events throughout 15 March - 14 April 2024 to help with setting up, welcoming attendees and keeping track of numbers for reporting purposes
- Attend EcoFest events to take photos and short videos for social media promotion and accountability reports
- Collate feedback from EcoFest events on the day and follow up
- Assist in sending out promotional material and postering