We want more good people to come and do great things with us. Join our passionate and supportive team in a well-established, long standing organisation with growth potential
As a volunteer you will:
- Have a passion to inspire girls and young women to reach their full potential and learn new skills
- Be encouraging, assertive and patient
- Be a hands-on leader and learner
- Be able to engage with people online and in person, and be creative if required to adapt due to COVID
- Meet new people and become part of a worldwide network
During the school term our GGNZ leaders:
- Attend a weekly session (in person or online) for up to two hours
- Helping plan the term's activities and deliver them to the girls
- Complete occasional evening / weekend training as required
- Attend occasional leader / planning meetings, and trips or camps
In Royal Oak there are currently opportunities to work with girls aged between 5 and 12 (Pippins 5-7, Brownies 7 - 9, Guides 9 – 12). The units meet on Monday and Tuesday.
There is no experience needed, but we need reliable volunteers and previous experience working with youth is an advantage.
GirlGuiding New Zealand 's health and safety policy also has requirements around adult to child ratios, so this opportunity is best suited to someone older than 18.