The Kaipātiki Local Board has unanimously granted the Pest Free Kaipātiki Restoration Society the right to occupy part of Ross Reserve in Glenfield along with the old Glenfield Bowling Club building. This site and building will provide a community focal point for community-led environmental work. We are looking for a fundraising manager to assist in developing the marketing and fundraising strategy and action plan for this project.
The main duties for this role will include:
- Assist with the planning and management of fundraising initiative
- Identify potential business partners as sponsors.
- Contribute creative ideas for new fundraising opportunities.
Ideally, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Demonstrated fundraising experience
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- Ability to engage with community members, donors, and organisations
The role would suit someone who has the necessary skills and experience and would like to contribute to their community. Also suited to individuals with an interest in gaining experience in the nonprofit sector or in the fundraising and event planning field, and anyone dedicated to improving the health of our environment.
You would be supported by a number of volunteer roles, as well as by the PFK manager and team members, including our Community Liaison coordinator, PFK activities coordinator and social media coordinator. Ideally, we are looking for a volunteer who can commit for 12 months, however, we can discuss further regarding availability.
In return, you will gain some perks and benefits for volunteering with us:
- Amongst other skills, the role will help further develop your fundraising and marketing skills and experience, and will look great on your CV!
- Broaden your social circle through meeting and working with volunteers and local community members.
- After a qualifying period of satisfactory volunteering, we are happy to provide references to support your future job application.
- Working with a fun team that has a great passion for conservation!
If you would like to find out more about this role, contact Kelly at any time via [email protected]