The Pink Ribbon Street Appeal is one of Breast Cancer Foundation NZ’s largest fundraising campaigns. Every year, thousands of awesome volunteers all over the country get decked up in pink and give up their time to stand on the streets of NZ and raise vital funds for breast cancer research, education, advocacy, and patient support.
This is an internship role (full time for approximately 9 weeks) helping successfully deliver our Pink Ribbon Street Appeal on Friday 29th and Saturday 30th October. This role is suitable for a student or recent graduate in event management, marketing or media & communications. This is a full-time (40 hours, Monday-Friday) internship from Monday 13 September to Friday 12 November. One day of weekend work is required on Saturday 30 October.
The purpose of this position is:
- To provide multi-faceted support to Breast Cancer Foundation NZ’s Pink Ribbon Street Appeal manager in the build-up to the Pink Ribbon Street Appeal.
- To actively assist in the success of the Pink Ribbon Street Appeal as a successful fundraising campaign.
- You will promote the mission of the Foundation: pushing for new frontiers in early detection, treatment and support. Our work encompasses education, awareness, research, medical support and development, community outreach and advocacy.
Task #1 - PRSA campaign support & planning –
- Work alongside the Pink Ribbon Street Appeal Manager to provide support to Area Coordinators and Volunteers as well as other key stakeholders.
- Manage updates, registrations & issues within our volunteer platform.
- Implement and support the recruitment plan of corporate groups and community service groups.
- Researching new online and offline ways to promote the event and encourage more volunteers to take part.
Key Task #2 – PRSA logistics –
- Developing stock lists and packing the stock required for Area Coordinators.
- Assisting in the banking bag process for the tracking of banking in different street appeal areas.
- Managing the ordering and distribution process for PRSA volunteer T-Shirts
Key Task #3 – Communications –
- Providing phone and email support for PRSA enquiries.
- Assist in volunteer journey and recruitment communications.
- Collect stories from volunteers to be used throughout the campaign.
Key Task #4 – Social media management–
- Aiding in development of the social plan.
- Keep all social media platforms up to date, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- Monitoring and responding to comments and messages on social media.
- Analysing the effectiveness of social media posts and advertising. Making recommendations to optimise social posting and advertising.
Skills & Attributes: · A friendly and confident manner in person and on the phone · High attention to detail and accuracy · Can-do, willing and flexible attitude · Self-motivated · Excellent customer service · Knowledge of social media platforms · Making good use of your initiative and common sense · Strong, clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
Interested? Email your CV and Cover Letter to Jovita Manickam - [email protected]