In light of the COVID-19 pandemic and many deteriorating global issues, Rethinking Economics New Zealand was founded in 2020 to encourage pluralism and diversity in economics and democratise economics education. We are affiliated with Rethinking Economics, an international network of students, academics and critical thinkers, campaigning to improve and reinvigorate economics in the classroom and beyond. Our mission is to empower learners and build a diverse community of socially-engaged, young 'Rethinkers' who have the knowledge and skills to address the multi-dimensional challenges in our society.
We are searching for an enthusiastic Event Manager with a "can-do" attitude to join us. The Event Director will ensure all events run smoothly and work with fellow directors to brainstorm creative event ideas.
- Handle logistics: research and secure venues, receive guests, manage attendee numbers
- Plan and manage our events’ calendar
- Assist with event marketing
- Develop event feedback surveys.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and time management skills.
- Creative vision for event ideas and planning.
- Experience with or passion for event organisation and management is preferred.