"We don't believe in a better future just because we are optimistic .... We believe it because we are creating it!!"
Interested in creating our future? Then Junior Chamber International (JCI) is for you!
About us: Junior Chamber International (JCI/Jaycees) Hutt Valley is a membership-based non-profit organization of young people who are dedicated to creating positive change for themselves and their communities.
Our Mission: “To provide development opportunities that empower young people to create positive change.”
What we do: JCI provides development opportunities to empower young leaders so they can organize projects, programs, and act to meet community needs to create sustainable solutions.
How do we do it: We run regular events during weekday evening or weekends which including training sessions on personal development topics, guest speakers including influential people from across NZ, Social and networking evenings, hands on community work and international collaboration on critical programmes of work.
Board Position needed: JCI Hutt Valley Community Director
Time Commitment: 4-6 hours per month
- Responsible for collaborating with the team and ensure there is a balance of interesting community events over the year
- Internally and externally promote the Community part of JCI Hutt Valley
- Liaise with external organizations/people to identify/arrange joint events
- Attend and lead community project meetings
- Prepare budget/event management plans for events
- Identify and appoint project managers
- Market community events
Skills and Criteria
- No previous experience required in board positions – suit people willing to learn.
- Passionate person – You are one of those people who make things happen!!
- You will need own access to internet and computer to complete the tasks.
- Must enjoy working with people and building connections