As The Lovepost's grants and fundraising manager you will prepare, write, and edit grant proposals, donor reports, and other communications. You will leverage your exceptional abilities in writing, strategic thinking, and project management while also developing and leveraging extensive understanding of The Lovepost platform.
Our Mission: The Lovepost is an alternative, socially responsible "slow media" platform dedicated to tackling social and environmental issues through a solution-focused lens. Our stories are produced by a diverse collective of change-makers from around the globe, who are fueled by a united goal: to create content that brings about positive change and makes planet Earth a better and more inclusive place for all its inhabitants.
Purpose Of Role: This position has primary responsibility for the identification and timely submission of all governmental, foundation, and corporate grant submissions. The grants and fundraising manager is responsible for managing the grants process, from research to submission and contracting, insuring that all application requirements are fulfilled with timely submissions of the highest quality.
- Identifying grants and funds.
- Producing compelling written communications (75%); this will include: writing proposals, concept notes, reports, high-stakes emails.
- Creating PowerPoint presentations, and other communications to inspire prospective donors to support The Lovepost and its mission.
- Building a solid understanding of donor motivations.
- Project management (25%); this will include: Developing and maintaining personal systems for the efficient, timely production of written materials.
- Prior development/fundraising experience or knowledge of the grant application process a plus.
- Excellent writing skills required; prior professional experience writing or editing high-level external communications preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills exceptional PowerPoint (or comparable) skills a plus.
- Exceptional reasoning and strategic problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to advance projects independently.
- Ability to collaborate empathetically and effectively across a diverse staff and network.
- Ability to juggle several competing priorities at once with a solutions orientation and spirit of flexibility.
- Ability to collaborate well with others on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Draws satisfaction from supporting other individuals towards success and playing an integral behind-the-scenes role.
- Demonstrates sound judgment and sensitivity to racial, cultural, and ideological diversity.