Clothing is a fundamental human right but, in reality, one that not all have equal access to.
Koha was founded in January 2019 after volunteering in an op shop, realising the inequalities of access to quality clothing and an opportunity to rescue the clothing that would otherwise be destined for clothing bins for rags — washing, repairing and sorting these garments then passing them onto people who needed them.
Koha Apparel provides clean, quality clothing to those vulnerable, marginalised in our community, which in hand inspires dignity and social inclusion, enabling opportunities to secure housing and employment, improving quality of life.
What to expect as a Koha volunteer.
- Supporting the setup of our pop-ups as a team
- Working at our pop-ups by providing a dignified retail experience
- Supporting and communicating with our customers as needed
- Other duties may include sorting, washing and fixing pre-loved clothes
- Being another positive face of the Koha Apparel brand
What we expect as a Koha volunteer.
- An approachable and compassionate nature
- Team player and happy to do the mahi
- Interest in helping your fellow humans
- Comfortable communicating and helping people from all walks of life
- Not mandatory, but any previous experience with clothing would be great (repairs, sorting, fittings)
- Able to commit to the same pop-up every month
Learn more about Koha by visiting our website: kohaapparel.com and give us a follow on Instagram over @koha.apparel