Trustee of the Ngaio Marsh House & Heritage Trust
This is a governance role and it is important that our successful applicant understands the responsibilities that come with taking on the role as a trustee. These include;
- Ensuring the organisation complies with the terms of its trust deed, and statutory requirements.
- Actively and positively contributing to the Trustees meetings and other events.
- Ensuring the organisation applies its resources exclusively in accordance with the objectives of the trust
- Acting with a high level of professionalism and accountability.
For practical reasons applications from people resident in Christchurch would be preferred.
Desired Skills & Qualities Dame Ngaio Marsh’s creative endeavours involved her in the fields of art, writing and theatre direction. Experience and expertise in any of these fields would be an advantage.
- An interest in heritage houses and gardens and the creative works of Dame Ngaio Marsh.
- An enthusiasm for preserving the reputation of Dame Ngaio Marsh as a national cultural icon, and for encouraging an appreciation of her artistic achievements.
- Prior experience as a trustee/committee work.
- Previous involvement within the voluntary sector.
- An understanding of heritage values and environment issues.
- Knowledge or expertise related to one or more of the following:
marketing, promotion, fundraising financial management education & teaching
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com