- Do you want to make a difference in your community?
- Able to spare a few hours a week for this rewarding role?
We have a great new opportunity as a Community Carer Volunteer role in Te Awamutu.
In this role you will provide care, companionship and assistance to residents in a rest home environment. This will include things like:
- Listening to and talking with residents
- Helping to deliver meals, making drinks
- Assisting with walks in the rest home grounds
- Reading books and magazines to residents
We are looking for someone who is:
- A good listener
- Able to work unsupervised
- A good communicator
- Friendly, caring and compassionate
- Respectful of the boundaries of the role - e.g. does not give advice, undertake clinical care or lifting.
In return we offer full training and provide a uniform. You will also receive Membership of St John (which gives free ambulance service for immediate family).
A First Aid Certificate is NOT required for this role. However, applicants must be 18 years and over to be considered.