About this opportunity
If you have 2/3 hours a week to spare and want to give back to your local community – then we have the perfect role for you!
We are looking for Regional Community Coordinators for Surrogate Grandparents New Zealand Charitable Trust (CC54933). We are a small but growing national charitable organisation that connects families and grandparents for long lasting friendships and family bonds, and we need you to help us continue to grow.
We have had some amazing success in what we do and have truly changed the lives of many families and grandparents in New Zealand – but we need YOU to help even more people benefit from our services.
You must be:
• A fantastic communicator and not afraid to make a phone call or two.
• A people person, who enjoys meeting new people.
• IT savvy…mainly emails, our database (we use Infoodle and can train you) & social media (facebook mainly – although if you are an Instagram fan - we’ll love you even more!)
• Organised and meticulous.
• Interested in organising events and local fundraisers (don’t worry if you haven’t done this before – we can guide you)
• Happy to facilitate coffee groups/meetings.
This role is an important and very rewarding one. You will be the key person(s) in your area and will be the liaison with H/O. You will be involved in all manner of things from recruiting and meeting new members, organising coffee groups and meet ups, promoting our organisation to people and the wider community.
This role would be ideal for a stay at home or part time working parent, or semi retired/retired person. You must be able to able to commit to 2/3 hours of work a week.
If you think this sounds like something you might be interested in please get in touch with us. You can email email@example.com or call us on 021 288 8875 (Mon to Fri 9am – 2pm please). We don’t need to see a copy of your cv, although it would help us to know where your skills lie, more important is a letter telling us why you’d like to get involved with Surrogate Grandparents and why you think you’d be great for this role.
We also have a number of other key roles available on a National level (it doesn’t matter where you are based for these), so please contact us if you would like to help out.
2/3 hours pw minimumGood for
- Skilled volunteering
- Virtual Volunteering
- Administration & Office Management
- Aged Care
- Companionship & Social Support
- NZ Police Vetting
- Drivers licence (Full)
- Drivers licence (Restricted)
We will train you in everything you need to knowReimbursement
Any out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed