About Neighbourhood Support Nelson
Neighbourhood Support Nelson aims to make our homes, streets, neighbourhoods and communities feel safe, resilient, and better connected. It has a network of 330 Neighbourhood Support groups, which enable neighbours to connect and support each other.
Our objectives are to encourage neighbours to:
• Get to know each other
• Take responsibility for their own home security and personal safety
• Share information that will help reduce the risk and fear of crime
• Identify the needs of neighbours, particularly vulnerable people, and ways to assist each other
• Be prepared for natural disasters and emergencies
• Take pride in their neighbourhood and look at ways of enhancing it.
132-134 Bridge Street