11 to 11 Nov 2018
Budburst is a wine festival being held on Wellington's waterfront on the 11th of November 2018 from 12pm - 6pm. Budburst is about celebrating natural wines with producers pouring quality, natural, organic wines, alongside great food and entertainment.
The Budburst natural wine festival is based on five main principles:
1. Wine starts in the vineyard, we ask all our producers to verify that they grow their grapes organically or biodynamically.
2. We ask for minimal intervention, let the quality of the fruit, site and season speak for themselves.
3. Naturally delicious. We love delicious, well-made wines. Weird for weird's sake is not our bag, the wine also has to be good. Natural is the philosophy, quality is the aim.
4. Education is at the heart of everything we do. The festival is designed to pique curiosity and stir up a debate, we're not here to preach or convert.
5. It's all for the love of wine. Budburst is a not-for-profit festival run by a passionate group of volunteers. The producers we pull together and the wines they show light us up and we want to share them with the world.
More information is available at budburst.nz